How to evidence your self employed income for a mortgage application

When you are self employed and apply for a mortgage the lender requires proof of your taxable income, in the past this was form “SA302” and “tax overviews” but HMRC don’t issue paper SA302’s now

HMRC worked  with the Council of Mortgage Lenders and software providers to ensure that printed tax calculations from commercial software  are accepted instead of form SA302.

HMRC have produced a list of lenders who have signed up to accept a tax calculation and tax year overview. Please find a link to the list of lenders by clicking this link

As your accountant we can obtain the “tax overviews” from your HMRC account and the printed tax calculations from our software.

Contact us if you need help

, , , ,

Related Posts

5 Reasons to use a Chartered Accountant

Why choose a Chartered Accountant ?

5 Reasons to use a Chartered Accountant Experience To qualify as chartered accountant, I had to pass stringent exams and carry our monitored, approved training for a range of different clients. Choose a chartered accountant that specialises in your particular…
How Tax Works For Self Assessment

How Tax Works For Self Assessment

How Tax Works For Self Assessment Accounts The tax system is self assessment and it works like this: Self Assessment means that each year you have to  produce accounts,  enter that information onto your tax return to 5 April  each…