You can now apply for the 4th Self Employed Support Grant ( SEISS) here
To be eligible for the fourth grant :-
You must be a self-employed individual or a member of a partnership.
You must have traded in both tax years:
- 2019 to 2020 and submitted your tax return on or before 2 March 2021
- 2020 to 2021
You must either:
- be currently trading but are impacted by reduced demand because of coronavirus
- have been trading but are temporarily unable to trade because of coronavirus
You must also declare that you:
- intend to continue to trade
- reasonably believe there will be a significant reduction in your trading profits
In order to claim the fourth grant, you must reasonably believe that you’ll suffer a significant reduction in trading profits, due to reduced business activity, capacity, demand or inability to trade due to coronavirus between 1 February 2021 and 30 April 2021. You must keep evidence that shows how your business has been impacted by coronavirus resulting in less business activity than otherwise expected.
HMRC have said they expect you to make an honest assessment about whether you reasonably believe your business will have a significant reduction in profits.
Before you make a claim, you must decide if the impact on your business between 1 February 2021 and 30 April 2021 will cause a significant reduction in your trading profits for the tax year you report them in.
HMRC say you should wait until you have a reasonable belief that your trading profits are going to be significantly reduced, before you make your claim.